Malcolm Stapelhurst very generously sponsored the outing at Hever putting up some fabulous prizes for the various winners and runners up. A big thank you goes to Malcolm from the MGS committee – a fantastic gesture which was appreciated by all who attended.
Twenty-Two members attended the fixture on the 17th April in very good weather on a very challenging course in excellent condition. The turnout was again excellent, with both new and established member’s performing well.
Five competitions were fiercely competed for on the day with only count-back separating the first and second teams in the team stapleford:-
The winners were:
- Winner – Mike Sellence with a great round of golf (38 points)
- Runner Up – Andy Tippett (who started like a train on the front 9) (35 points)
- Third Place – John Collingwood on count back from Paul Hillman, Micky Mann & Jerry Watkiss (all on 32 points)
- Winners – Malc Staplehurst, Paul Hillman & Ken Wapling (75 points – back 9=39)
- Runners Up – Andy Tippett , Jerry Watkiss, John Collingwood & Dave Stocker (75 points – back 9=33)
- Third Place – Mike Sellence, Captain Fred, Rob Weaver & Tony Bruce (74 points)
- Clive Butler on the 9th – just one of many great drives on the day.
Nearest The Pin
- Chris Buck – on the 12th over the golf ball hungry water.
Nearest the par 5 in three
- Paul Hillman just a few feet away with three good hits (and yes he did make the birdie putt – well done Paul)
Thirteen members are attending the Spring Tour at the Vale of Glamorgan from the 26th to 28th April – good luck to all the runners and riders. Following that the next meeting is booked for 15th May 2015 at the Mid Sussex Golf Club. Please put the date in your diary and watch out for further details being sent through nearer the time. Book early as places can be limited and places are secured on a “first come first served basis.”