The January fixture at Pyecombe was played on a cold but bright and calm sunny day. The average score for the day was 34.6 points which was an excellent effort from all who attended in tricky conditions.
Four competitions were competed for on the day as follows:-
The winners were:
- Winner – Clive Butler (with an outstanding score of 48, yes 48 points)
- Runner Up – Ken Wapling (37 points)
- Joint Third Place – Captain Fred Ablitt and Hon Sec Phil Herbert (36 points)
- Winners – Clive Butler, Jerry Watkiss, Andy Tippett & Brian Day with a best 2 stapleford from 3 score of 107 !!
- Clive Butler with a cracker
Nearest The Pin
- Tony Bruce with fine pin-seeker of a shot – depriving Clive of a clean sweep
Following the golf, Bangers and Mash were taken in the clubhouse with prize giving and a social beer or two. Brian Day also picked up his ‘Last Chance Trophy’ from the postponed Xmas Competition at Dewlands from Hon Secretary Phil.
For the full results and adjusted handicaps click here
The next meeting is provisionally booked for 20th February – please put the date in your diary and hopefully the weather will be kind to us.