We look forward to seeing you on Friday on a day that could potentially be very wet in amongst some beautiful and warm days – sods law at its finest !!
Our venue is Cooden Beach Golf Club where the course measures a good 6,504 yards at its furthest, it offers a more sedate 6,185 yards from the yellow tee boxes, with five par three holes and a matching five par fives. Natural drainage is provided by internal and external dykes that border many of the holes, but these also act as a magnet to the errant shot that flirts with the changing coastal breezes which remain the true hazard.
Venue: Cooden Beach Golf Club
Bexhill On Sea
Time: 10:00 for 10:52 first tee off
Format: Tea/coffee + bacon rolls on arrival, 18 hole Stableford competition for the Anniversary Cup, followed by one course meal and presentation of prizes.
Dress for meal: Smart casual
The current holder is in the field Mr Nigel Burnett who I am sure will not let it out of his grasp without a battle. This is an 18-hole stableford competition off full society handicaps with this prestigious trophy up for grabs and will be presented by the Club Captain on the day to the winner. Members only.
The best 2 stableford scores from the teams of 3 count for this competition. Usual adjustment for teams of four.
Nearest the PIN – Hole TBC
Longest Drive – Hole to TBC
Order of play
Tee times start at 10.52 – please be at the tee and ready to go 5 mins before your tee off time. In addition, please do your very best to keep up with the team in front and not aim to be just ahead of the group behind – Please do avoid slow play at all times – we should aim to complete our rounds comfortably within 4 hours.
|Tee-time||Player 1||Player 2||Player 3|
|10.52||Micky M (16)||Kevin L (17)||Mark H (18)|
|10.58||Chris B (20)||Fran G (28)||Alan Bigley (8)|
|11.04||Kelvin P (22)||Andy W (19)||Alan Bond (17)|
|11.10||Jerry W (12)||Peter C (27)||Graham M (28)|
|11.16||James G (28)||Nigel B (25)||John C (28)|
We look forward to seeing you on Friday and please bring your waterproofs it could well be very wet !!!
IMPORTANT PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER THAT WE REMAIN COVID COMPLIANT AND SAFE
- Arrive at the club in your golf gear, ready to tee off.
- Keep a minimum distance of two metres, from your playing partners with no physical contact at any time (Kelvin & James no cuddling – please note)
- We also recommend that members carry their own personal bottles of disinfectant with them in order to keep their hands disinfected whilst playing golf
- We recommend that members do not use ball washers (ohh err!) and refrain from touching stray tees and golf balls other than their own.
- No golfers are to touch, remove or attend flag pins whilst playing golf.
- Bunkers are in play – but the ball can be placed in the bunker to achieve a reasonable lie as the raking of bunkers are prohibited.