Seaford Head Golf Course
Southdown Road Seaford,
East Sussex BN25 4JS
With some of the most breathtaking views in Sussex, Seaford Head Golf Course is an undulating links course on the cliffs of Seaford. The Seven Sisters can be seen from our 13th, 14th and 15th Holes and the famous 18th Hole has an extended vista over Seaford bay and beyond to Brighton. Indeed, Seaford was one of the first towns in England to establish a golf club and was founded by a small number of local residents on 6th August 1887 when a golf course of twelve holes was established on the land that was still grazed by sheep! It was extended to an 18 hole course in 1889.
The Draw and order of play:-
Coffee/ Tea and Bacon rolls available from 8.45 am
Out of three hats (plastic cups really) I have drawn out one low-handicapper one mid- handicapper and one high-handicapper for each team to make things reasonably even so lowest gross score over the 11 holes will be the winner i.e. no handicap adjustments at team level required.
|Tee off||Player 1||Player 2||Player 3||Combined Team HCP|
|9.45 & 13.00||Pat Layen (16)||Frank Goulding (24)||David Howroyd (19)||59|
|9.53 & 13.08||Micky Mann (15)||Kelvin Paterson (23)||Paul Barber (guest 18)||56|
|10.00 & 13.15||Carl Valentine (7)||Andy Bishop (26)||Ken Wapling (21)||54|
|10.08 & 13.23||Alan Bigley (9)||James Galifant (28)||Tom Bennett (20)||57|
|10.16 & 13.30||Jerry Watkiss (15)||Tim Gorringe (21)||Dereck Coppard (20)||56|
|10.32 & 13.38||Mark Hughes (13)||Andy Tippett (25))||Barry Browning (21)||59|
|10.40 & 13.45||Sandi Hoolahan (15)||Clive Butler (22)||Paul Hillman (18)||55|
NB: All subject to last minute change as always
Morning – we start by playing Texas Scramble in threeballs with the following rules:
- To be played over the first 11 holes
- Each player must contribute 3 drives (to be marked on the card)
- Each hole must be putted out by the team (no gimmies!)
- In the event of a tie then count back will be over the final 3 holes (if still undecided then final hole only – if still undecided, whoever is first to buy the Hon Handicap Sec a beer wins).
Afternoon– we have four Competitions to play for:
- Individual Stableford over 18 holes off full society handicaps. (David Howroyd winner 46 points in 2016 !!)
- Team Stableford – The total of the best 2 Stableford scores from three players count (David Howroyd, Brian Cheesmur & James Galifant winners with 94 points in 2016 !!)
- Longest Drive – 18th Hole
- Nearest the Pin – 10th Hole
As always please be at the tee box at least 5 mins before your schedule tee-off time(s) and ready to go – please keep up a good pace and stay in touch with the group in front of you.
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.