The December fixture at Dewlands Manor was rescheduled due to a waterlogged course to the 2nd January 2015. Although a little wet underfoot the day was mild with a blue sky and only a very light breeze. It was great to see such a wide range of members attending from founder members to those hopefully about to join our ranks.
Three competitions were competed for on the day including the prestigious “Last Chance Trophy” held by Micky Mann in 2013/14.
The winners were:
Individual Stapleford – playing for the “Last Chance Trophy”
- Winner – Brian Day (21 points over 9 holes)
- Runner Up – Derek Coppard (20 points over 9 holes)
- Third Place – Greg Wapling (19 points over 9 holes on count back from Peter Cudmore)
- Winners – Malcolm Staplehurst, Peter Cudmore and Greg Wapling including birdies on the 7th and 9th for a gross score of 2 under par.
- Winners – Brian Day, Jerry Watkiss and Alan Bond (Guest) with a best two stapleford total over 9 holes of 43 points.
Following the golf Ham, Egg and Chips was taken at the Middle House with prize giving and a social beer or two in good company.
The next meeting is still to be confirmed but is likely to be at Pyecombe on 23rd January 2015 subject to weather – details will follow nearer the time
For the latest handicaps visit the handicap page