Fifteen of our bravest attended the February fixture at East Brighton on a cold and very damp day on the South Coast. The turnout was excellent, well done guys – with the average score for the day being a very respectable 31.73 points.
The air sea rescue was put on standby mid-afternoon when the final two teams went missing for 45 mins, however we counted them out and we counted them all back with everyone eventually returning safe and sound!
Only four birdies were achieved on the day with Malc S and Brian D getting two’s on the par 3 4th and Clive B and Tips getting fours on the par 5 18th.
Four competitions were competed for on the day as follows:-
The winners were:
- Winner – Hon Sec Phil Herbert (37 points)
- Runner Up – Pat Layen (35 points)
- Joint Third Place – Clive “bandit” Butler, Malc Staplehurst Tony Bruce & Micky Mann (all with 34 points)
- Winners – Clive Butler, Hon Sec Phil Herbert & Tony Bruce with a best 2 stapleford from 3 score of 88 (this include four 7 point holes and nothing worse than 3 points on any hole!)
- Mike Sellence in the final group smashing one past Micky Mann’s best by some distance (rumour has it that Mike had five “Shredded Wheat” with warm milk that morning to build up his strength)!
Nearest the pin
- Pat Layen put a great shot within a couple of feet of the pin edging out Peter Cudmore who had also gone close in an earlier group.
Following the golf, Chilli and Rice were taken in the clubhouse followed by the prize giving.
The next meeting is booked for 20th March 2015 at Sweetwoods Park (subject to weather) – always a good day with the first silverware up for grabs “the Mad March Jugs.” Please put the date in your diary and watch out for the details being sent through nearer the time.
Update of handicaps can be viewed here